A Health Passport with privacy by design
BLOK Pass lets your employees and customers record and prove their health status without sharing personal information. They own their data, while your business avoids the costs and risks of data compliance.
Certified by ID2020
BLOK Pass is the first and only COVID-related health passport to meet the rigorous certification standards set by the world’s leading digital ID organisation.
The COVID-19 pandemic has thrust digital credentials into the global spotlight. As we consider digital ID-based solutions for public health applications, getting the technology right is not negotiable. We intentionally set a high bar for certification and are delighted to recognize the BLOK Bioscience […] solution for meeting our high standards for privacy protection, user-management, portability, and more.
Our privacy statement
1. Your data is yours and yours alone; we don’t have a copy, and never will.
2. Your data is never shared; this app has been designed to make it impossible.
3. Any time someone wants to use your data to answer a question, like “is it safe to let you into a building”, they have to get your permission first.
4. You hold the only copy of your data. If you ever want to delete it for any reason, you don’t need to ask anyone else’s permission. Simply delete this app
Your data is yours and yours alone; we don’t have a copy, and never will.
Your data is never shared; this app has been designed to make it impossible.
Any time someone wants to use your data to answer a question, like “is it safe to let you into a building”, they have to get your permission first.
You hold the only copy of your data. If you ever want to delete it for any reason, you don’t need to ask anyone else’s permission. Simply delete this app.
Benefits of BLOK Pass
For your business
Compliance: remove risks associated with data breaches
Cost: no overhead or upkeep of expensive data centres
Simplicity: a simple QR code scan ensures streamlined, safe access
Guidance: provide your employees with the latest HR guidelines
Insight: get actionable, anonymised insight from the aggregate data
Ownership: Your data lives in your device; there is no copy anywhere
Consent: Share only what you want, with whom you trust; no hidden checks
Privacy: No personal information is ever revealed
Convenience: Use one app to store test results and symptoms
Portability: Gain safe access to all participating spaces
App features at a glance
Implementing the BLOK Pass health passport ecosystem in your business requires two apps: BLOK Pass for personal use, and BLOK Verify on the business side.
Private, self-sovereign health passport for individuals
- Personal app: for your workforce, visitors, guests, or customers
- No personal information is ever shared or kept
- Keep updated record of test results and health data
- Prove fulfilment of entry requirements when accessing your space
- Receive the latest HR and official guidance for current health/risk status.
- Get real-time notifications on policy changes and new risk factors
Business-side app for managing your COVID Care environment
- Multiple roles: for concierge, security, HR, healthcare and lab personnel
- Personal information is shared with your business
- Onboard and validate the identity of individuals into the system
- Verify that your company’s employees/customers are fit to work
- Enter and validate test results into the BLOK Pass app
- Access to BLOK Portal and admin functions depending on role
HOW IT WORKS
The system is based on interactions between two parties. On one side, an individual uses BLOK Pass as proof of identity and that they fulfil requirements to access your space. On the other side, a designated employee from your organisation uses the BLOK Verify app to check that information.
The apps interact using BLOK’s Anonymous Handshake, and no personal information ever leaves that individual’s device. All the verifier gets is a yes-or-no answer depending on the person’s meeting the criteria to access the space.
The individual installs BLOK Pass and validates their identity with an authorised representative.
This process only needs to happen once, but is necessary to establish a unique, trusted identity within the system. No copies of documents or photographs are sent or kept by us or any other party.
2. HEALTH STATUS RECORDING
The individual regularly records symptoms or test results directly into the app. Laboratory test results can be uploaded at the lab and retrieved instantly via the app when ready.
Background algorithms use the aggregate of this information to present the user’s current health and risk status as a red-amber-green scannable QR code, enabling them to show their status without sharing personal data.
3. REAL-TIME GUIDANCE
Whenever their status changes, users are given the latest guidance for their new risk category. This can be tailored to meet the specific needs of individual businesses, as well as all relevant official guidance from governments and other agencies.
4. ACCESS CONTROL
When entering your space, your employees (or customers) show the QR code on their app to prove that they meet the safety requirements established in your COVID Care protocols.
A verifier designated by your business scans the QR code with their BLOK Verify app, and gets a simple Go/No-go answer – so they can help keep your premises safe.
How to get started
Do you have questions, or would you like a demo of the app? Contact us and our experts will be happy to guide you.